No Common Name Boletus sensibilis Peck  

Description:

This poisonous mushroom is often confused with B. bicolor, an esteemed edible. However, in contrast to B. bicolor, all parts of B. sensibilis instantly turn blue when bruised. Additionally, most authors describe a faintly fruity odor with B. sensibilis. (L. Biechele, pers. comm.)

There is 1 record in the project database.

GAALWAFRCLMOHOBABCHACEPGAACVCHSMKEQACNTADOWISOWO 
A Boletus sensibilis in Worcester Co., Maryland (9/30/2014). This specimen was large and heavy in appearance with cap over 6" across. Photo by Lance Biechele. (MBP list)


View All Images

View Bibliography

Use of images featured on Maryland Biodiversity Project is only permitted with express permission of the photographer.

Eating mushrooms can be dangerous. One should do so only with expert advice and great care. MBP accepts no liability for injury sustained in consuming fungi or other biodiversity.